We are raising $3,000 to send students to Riobamba, Ecuador and Cusco, Peru in the spring of 2020 to provide free healthcare and education to low income communities. Our mission is a world free from the constraints of poverty.
What is medlife?
MEDLIFE stands for Medicine, Education, and Community Development for Low Income Families Everywhere. We are an international, nonprofit organization that partners with universities around the world to bring free healthcare to low income communities in South America, Guatemala, and Africa through service-learning trips. USD MEDLIFE will be attending two service-learning trips in the spring of 2020; one to Riobamba, Ecuador in March, and one to Cusco, Peru in May. MEDLIFE Mobile Clinics bring free, high-quality healthcare directly to communities who lack access to basic health services. Our volunteers (i.e. the students) shadow medical professionals, assist in clinic operations and learn about local medical practices, global medicine, and the effect poverty has on health. During our service-learning trip, we will also assist with a community development project such as the construction of a staircase, school, safe home, or a well for clean drinking water. These projects promote access to basic necessities, improve health, drive education, and stimulate cultural development which enable local individuals and families to free themselves from the constraints of poverty. Not only do we provide free healthcare, but our service-learning trips provide an educational opportunity for our members to see firsthand the harsh realities of extreme poverty and how MEDLIFE approaches these issues. Cross-cultural discussions with patients, community members, and medical professionals help us foster a greater understanding of local and global issues and expose us to foreign cultures and practices. However, the work doesn’t stop when we return home. MEDLIFE has developed a year-round patient follow-up process that continually supports patients by providing them with financial resources for treatment, emotional support, nutritional assistance, and educational resources. Your donation will go towards the cost of a service-learning trip in the spring, will ensure follow-up treatment for those who recieve care at one of our clinics, and will fund community development projects in Riobamba, Ecuador and Cusco, Peru.
- There are 1.3 billion people in the world living in extreme poverty and we want to change that. Our mission is to build a worldwide movement empowering the poor in their fight for equal access to healthcare, education and a safe home.
- Join the MEDLIFE movement by donating and empowering USD students to make a difference.
Where will YOUR donations go?
Donations will go directly to USD students and help cover our trips fees to travel to Riobamba, Ecuador and Cusco, Peru this spring.
Extra funds donated will go towards:
- Buying supplies such as medication, and equipment for the mobile clinics.
- The community build project that our group builds on each service-learning trip. Community build projects include; a staircase, safe home, bathroom, or a well for clean drinking water. These projects promote access to basic necessities and promote better health.
Find us here:
We will post updates on our social media pages. Follow us to find out how we're doing!
Facebook: @usdmedlife https://www.facebook.com/usdmedlife/
Instagram: @usdmedlife https://www.instagram.com/usdmedlife/?hl=en
Learn more about MEDLIFE at: https://www.medlifemovement.org
Help us succeed!
Join the MEDLIFE movement today and empower students fighting for low income families' access to healthcare, education, and a safe home.
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, etc.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please support us and help make this happen.